The firm provides the following services to its business clients;
- Commercial contract advice, drafting, negotiation and amendment;
- Contract and tender risk review and report to client (based on 35 point contract risk checklist);
- Drafting and negotiating specific contracts including; Distribution Agreements, Construction contracts, Australian Standard contracts, Maintenance Agreements, EPC contracts, Consultancy Agreements, Contracts for the Supply of Goods, Equipment Supply Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding, Manufacturing Agreements.
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements, Pre-Bid Agreements;
- Business sales and purchases – drafting and negotiating Term Sheets, Share Sale Agreements and Asset Sale Agreements; Due Diligence, negotiations, managing business sale transactions until completion;
- Retail and Commercial Lease drafting, review and negotiation including acting for both commercial landlords and tenants; review and drafting of Fit Out and Incentive Deeds; Agreements for Lease, Car Park Licences, Sub-Leases, Assignments and Transfers of Lease, Variations of Lease; Surrenders of Lease;
- Commercial property acquisition and disposal – purchase of your business premises including SMSF real estate transactions;
- Advice on PPSA compliance, risk management and insolvency matters;
- Employment contracts and Deeds of Release on termination of employment;
- Trade Mark and intellectual property advice – lodgement, registration, assignment, infringement, co-existence agreements, licence agreements.
- Outsourced in-house counsel services – having worked in a number of in-house roles throughout his career, Colin is well placed to provide outsourced in-house counsel services to business clients. These services include working from the client’s premises at a daily rate or working remotely on an hourly rate at the election of the client.
- Shareholders Agreements and Unitholders Agreements;
- Advising on the Retail Tenancy legislation in each Australian jurisdiction;
- Terms and Conditions of business – drafting your terms of trade to minimise risk to your business; website terms and conditions, privacy policies;
- Corporate Governance and Company Secretarial support – drafting resolutions, board minutes, Corporations Law advice, ASIC compliance, filings, financial assistance whitewash procedures,
- Debt recovery – Statements of Claim, Statutory Demands, legal proceedings to recover business debts, enforcement of judgement debts, Writs of Execution, Garnishee Orders.
- Stamp Duty Advice – dutiable transactions, commercial real estate and stamp duty, business transactions with stamp duty implications, stamp duty and trust deeds.
- Public Notary Services for business – notarial certificates, witnessing signatures, certification of documents, affixing seal to documents, swearing Affidavits, declarations as to witnessing execution, certificates of good standing.
If your specific commercial law issue is not listed above, please let us know as we can generally still “point you in the right direction” by referring you to an appropriate expert.